Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Being Read to

 I love Marco Polo! All through my mission I could get messages and tell people about interesting things I could see. But last month it changed into something else - my sister-in-law Polly read to a bunch of us on a share cast, the book "Lightening Thief". I enjoyed it very much and told Rachel about it. 

She immediately said that it was a series and that she loved it as a kid when they first came out. 

Then she read to me - using Marco Polo - "The Sea of Monsters". Can I just say, "I LOVED IT!" I love Rachel's inflections, pauses, and changes in her voice as she reads the different characters. 

Even when she got sick, she still completed the book. AND THEN she started on the third book, "The Titan's Curse". I am having such a great time! Being read to is very nice. I can see why children ask people to read to them. 

Rachel as a little tot would bring books to people to read whenever they walked into our door. Wow, now she is reading to me.





No comments: