Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Those Little Feelings and My Gratitude

 We went to the San Francisco airport early this morning in the rain. Early like 4:30 am. The rain was slivery and wispy fog made it beautiful and treacherous. The lanes in the road are difficult to see. So I drop Jeffrey off at the terminal and then jump back on the circle to get out. I tried following the signs to the freeway but noticed I was going in circles and could see that I was back at terminal One again.

Just like every other stressful situation, I asked God to help me get out of the airport, onto the right freeway, and to be safe as I traveled in the rain. And just like that, my guardian angel over traffic smoothed my path to the right place. In the dark and rain with heavy traffic, I worried that I wouldn't make it to the Bay Bridge and end up someplace else. I was tempted to pull up maps one-handed (I picked up my phone) and type in the start of my home address, but a little feeling said I would be guided all along the way. Hey, I didn't want to mess up a good thing and so I put down the phone and relied on the feelings of direction I got from time to time and made it home safely and quickly. Thanks to God.

Jeffrey is going to The Gambia at the invitation of Brent Belnap. Some judges from the United States are going to talk to the Supreme Court and other judges and lawyers in the country with ideas of how to make their processes more efficient (as I understand it). Brent and Jeffrey are lawyers from the church who want to talk about religious freedoms in the courts, but Jeffrey was not sure if there would be any time  given to them with all the meetings going on. Both of the Judges coming, Brent and Jeffrey are paying their own way. I told Jeffrey that many more things in life are possible if you pay your own way!

Last night I prayed for them to have an opportunity just like Ammon. Ammon prayed for an opportunity to open up while he did his service.  Well, Jeffrey texted me that Brent just told him that both of them would have an opportunity to talk to the lawyers on Thursday. That was a quick answer to prayer that was already in the works. I have found often that my prayers have begun to be answered before I ask them.

I love the fact that Brent gave Jeffrey the assignment to register The Gambia so it could be opened up for the church as one of his first assignments in our mission. Early in 2022 Elder Christoffersen dedicated the land. and the tiny branch members that Jeffrey and I had met with in 2021, are now organized and recognized officially.

I am missing Jeffrey, but so happy that he can have this continuing adventure. I am grateful to Brent Belnap for letting him be part of the continuing saga. Life is good.

No comments: