Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Friends in The Gambia

 I have been exchanging posts with the branch president and his wife from the Gambian ward on WhatsApp, about Jeffrey's trip, the branch, and exciting pioneer events that have been happening.

Growing from a branch of 12 to 42 in three years is amazing. But more wonderful is the years and years the Amako's and their relatives and friends have been faithful and true to their faith in the Lord and His promises. They are now seeing the efforts of years and years of effort.

Picture after sacrament meeting on 12 Feb 2023 - the branch currently has 4 full-time missionaries.

Picture taken of the Relief Society (and young women) Sun 12 Feb 2023 with mission leader's wife

I am posting to Sister Fatou Amako about helping out with their project to aid and serve in the hospital with the young women. I wanted my young women to be part of helping their young women be of service in the hospital in Banjul. I told my girls about hospitals in Africa. Doctors aid those who are suffering with treatments and the nurses take their vitals and other necessary care. But food, clothes and essentials need to come from family members or friends. Sometimes that includes money for antibiotics and pain medications. Hospital care is not quite the same in Africa as is usually the case in the United States.  Also the fact that one US dollar equals 58 Dalasi. So if my girls given even $1 dollar it is beneficial to my friends in Banjul.They are part of my circle.

Andrew helped me out with the system of how to send money to The Gambia using Western Union. I am so thankful to have a young mind work out the logistics. We were so excited when it went through and she got the money in hand! I told my girls we would send more on March 16th. 

Sister Fatou Amako said, "We are grateful to Heavenly Father for your loving generosity." She will keep me posted on how their visit goes and will send pictures. So look forward to later posts.

No comments: