Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Remix: Another Great Family Weekend

 This last weekend was another great family connection! Nate and Kelsi planned to come hang out, go to the temple and have fun at Opa and Nona's house. I planned a treasure hunt, Jeffrey planned a hike, while they were gone, and we decided to host a family dinner on Saturday night with everyone in the area. Mike and Julia came and also Andrew and Briona bringing their girls.

Friday night Nate goes through the bedtime stories and rituals - it still took them hours to go to sleep.

Kelsi and Emma listen to Nate and the kids

The kids still got up early on Saturday and got their breakfast. I had waffles, bagels, muffins, and cereal. Then they packed up and left with Opa on a hike up Mt. Diablo.





They came home tired and elated. Hopefully they had a lot of fun. I had stayed home with Emma. After lunch they went on a treasure hunt around our house and in the yards. 

Hunting for Clues

Jayson solves the ciphers from the different clues

Emma is just a little small for the highchair. But she still ate the container of bananas that Kelsi left.


The families got together for a supper. I decided I have to have the recipe for the Cowboy Caviar that Briona brought over. Delicious! 

Amber fits just a little better, though she is still small.



I kept close watch on what worked and what needs a little more care in hosting at the house. I would love to have many more weekends like this!!

On Sunday I was concerned about my lesson so I didn't have my camera out to take pictures. The family all looked so great in their Sunday outfits - next time for sure!  I had downloaded a video of "Gethsemane" for my class, but then heard Kelsi playing it on Jeffrey's guitar in the living room. I ran down and listened-- then asked her if she would play it for my young women. After thinking about it she agreed if the girls all had words so they could sing with her. It was really magical while she strummed the guitar and played while all the girls sang.

When we got back to the house, Mike and Julia were there, so I quickly called Andrew and Briona and said to come for lunch. I knew Nate and family wanted to take off at 2 pm, so I had a vegetable lasagna in the oven cooking during church. I just whipped out any and all leftovers so everyone could have choices for lunch to go along with the lasagna. When they left, I made sure all the extras went with the different families ---- so Jeffrey and I wouldn't be stuck eating the same things every day.

Watching my boys interact was really heart warming. I am glad that they are still good friends. The women were mostly wrapped around the kids, but they had some good interactions too. The had a great picture remake of Makynlee and Lilly when they were babies. This was on Kelsi's Facebook post today


:




No comments: