Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

THIS IS APRIL!!!!

 Record breaking weather this year - I experienced Utah. I can not even imagine what my African friends who made it to school in Utah and Idaho last December are going through. But Jeffrey and I were in the midst of snow the entire time we stayed in Utah. Susie lives up on the Ogden bench and she had eight inches of snow one day and six inches the next. The news showed 26 cars off the road between Salt Lake City and Provo on I-15 alone. Reports of garages collapsing and houses owned by summer residents with roofs down and in one case the walls popped out when the roof caved in. 

I stayed in a nice warm house and watched the birds come to the bird feeder on Susie's back porch. I wonder what the birds would have done without her kindness. She had hundreds of birds dropping by. All kinds of birds from 2 inches to 5 inches were attracted to her black sunflower seeds. Red heads, yellow stripped belly, brown with white vest, long skinny 5 inch tall birds, sparrows, and some who looked like chickadees. I thought about Nathan Belnap and knew he would have had a really great time identifying all those birds. 

Jeffrey and Rachel are headed to Provo - after car gets snow off

Snow was from overnight only - at least eight inches

APRIL - right.....


Birds flying threw expecting Spring

Jeffrey shoveling snow off the walks and driveway

On Monday morning, Rachel and Jeffrey head off to Provo to visit with his mom and Rachel had an interview for a job. I stayed in Ogden and helped plan for the Family Reunion in June (Susie, I and Laura are in charge) and get the last items needed for Laura's treatment kit. She would be headed in to radiation therapy the next day.

No comments: