Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

25 Acts of Service

I am looking forward to the "Light the World" campaign this year!  Last year we had a multitude of field missionaries who would come in with their companion and sit for an hour waiting while the dentists worked on their companions. We had so much fun asking them to do lots of different things for other missionaries, their families and generally sharing their testimonies. We had each of them sign an ornament that we put on a paper tree. It was a lot of fun.

This year the policies have changed and not as many field missionaries are going to come through our doors, so this year the "Light the World" service will be on me as an individual.
I have to admit I've gotten started early!!  25 acts of service needs a little prep time and thought time - and just like Christmas presents I want to open immediately I already started doing my projects!!
Fun, fun, fun! I have to admit some of the projects are much easier than others. But then if Laura Nausin or Norma Nausin in California and the Chan's and Albos families in the Philippines decided to serve up 25 meals no one would think that was any problem at all.
My stockpile that I've been adding to each week for Christmas projects


I've been sewing up skirts, pillow cases and Christmas Stockings more than anything else. It is the "I was in prison and ye visited me" that I've been pondering on. I can remember when Catherine Danko sent Andrew a card of a man escaping a prison thanking Andrew for his missionary service and said how she felt that she and her ancestors were now "free".  I'm wondering if I could "free" or enable someone to be able to do something better if that would count in the 'visiting prison' service.

I am so grateful for a loving husband who doesn't quibble when I spend money on other people and actually helps me do my projects. Most of all I'm grateful to my Savior and Heavenly Father for allowing me to feel the enabling aspects of the Savior's atonement so readily as a missionary.  I have been able to do many things that are not really in my capability.  Ideas I come up with multiply by others efforts into something I couldn't have done and then I get thanked for service I never rendered. It is amazing how the Lord works his miracles. It's not really me at all.

No comments: