Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Susie Came - Street Contact

Early Monday morning Susie made it to the Philippines!  My aunt Mary could not make it at the last minute and that made me sad. I'm so glad to be with Susie!
Manila Airport early Monday morning
We hit the road running and the first day after taking the suitcases in, we went to a Bazaar and Pearl Shopping, a grand site seeing tour of Manila, stopped off at Santiago Fort and  saw some atrocious history. In one square block we could see the influence of Spanish, Muslim, Japanese, British, American and freedom fighters of all kinds. This block had very modern buildings and a wall built in the 1500's. - it had bullet holes in it. There were all kinds of schools. It was a fascinating peep into history and regular people making a living today. We went to see the oldest church not destroyed by the Japanese because it had a red cross flag flying above the cross on the top, were entertained by street boys and then had a marvelous dinner and cultural show.
That night Jonah traveled all night to be with us and arrived around 4:30 or 5 am. After a quick nap we started playing and touring again.
That's when I had my street contact and it was pretty rough.
I had just told Susie that morning - that you have to watch where you walk, "Because you might trip."
I've been sending Susie off with Jonah to tour, have some street food and see the sites around here.
Today I went to the Mabuhay house to watch Susie teach and the missionaries sing. Then I came home while Susie and Jonah went off to take a day tour. I am catching up with my email and I'll get back to sewing up ties for the Primary program on Sunday in just a minute.

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

Ouch, I hope you are okay. You are so giving and always helping and serving others. You are amazing!