Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Collars

It's all about laundry again....
So when I first arrived and realized that there is no Whisk or it's equivalent here, I was very dismayed! When I asked the ladies at church how they washed shirt collars they indicated they scrubbed them between their hands. Jeffrey has seven sweaty shirts every week, that is a lot of collars. I hate washing collars. Since about the time of high school, that job has been taken off the table. Coming here and doing it all again is phun.
Last week, Susie told me what Jonah showed her about washing shirt collars and Susie brought one back with her to the States:
Shirt collar scrubber

It is made out of the same material (nylon or plastic?) that dish scrubbers are made of only smaller thread with a much denser weave. I think it is stuffed with the same stuff but I'm not curious enough to open one up. It is MUCH easier to use and saves the knuckles wear and tear.
I'd bring some back for my friends but luckily they and I won't need them.  If you are going to Africa or somewhere without Whisk or it's equivalent, drop me a line and I'll send one of these shirt scrubbers for you - you don't want to be without one!

No comments: