Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

Do Something Good

 Doctrine and Covenants 6:13 If thou wilt do good, yea, and hold out faithful to the end, thou shalt be saved in the kingdom of God, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God; for there is no gift greater than the gift of salvation.

My efforts to "do good" sometimes pay off big and sometimes go over like a dud. It is like watching Pinterest posts and the Pinterest fails.

The last cooking lesson with Juliet was a major success for me. Juliet had more people to cook for because we added another family to the mix. A lady in my ward had a baby and the Relief Society president posted in WhatsApp the family need assistance. I asked Brother Dumevi if he could buy fruit for all the families Juliet was cooking for - there are five of us - Adams, Juliet's family, Dumevi's family, Dumevi choice, and the new baby family. I made brown fried rice and chocolate chip cookies and Juliet made the Garden Egg Stew, while Dumevi went out and brought fruit back.

Successful day preparing meals! They did not forget the lady at the front desk and dropped off a portion for her to try. She expresses appreciation and Juliet and Brother Dumevi don't forget her.

Juliet has the extra ingredients not used from the market and brings her dinner home

Brother Dumevi with three meals to carry

After packaging all the meals up and putting them in boxes and bags, Juliet said, "Thank you so much for feeding us Sister Adams." I deflected a little bit and told her how much I appreciated her showing me how to cook. Just a little later she said again, "Thank you so much for feeding us Sister Adams." Her appreciation meant so much to me as I then knew my efforts were successful. 

I have personally dropped off many meals to families. But there is always the thought they may not like or even detest what I've made. It is hard if you don't have feed back if they actually like what has been prepared. I sometimes wonder if I'm doing good or just think I'm doing good. I obviously will have Juliet over again for another cooking lesson.

No comments: