Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Healthy Cookies

My aunt Carol posted on Facebook from Gail Wiebers a recipe for healthy cookies. Is that an oxymoron?

Here is the recipe. I'm going to find out if it works or not this week. 

 Healthy cookies - 3 mashed bananas (ripe), 1/3 cup apple sauce, 2 cups oats, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup raisins or nuts, 1 cup good chocolate chunks,1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon. preheat oven to 350 degrees. bake for 15-20 minutes. NO ADDED SUGAR!

Ok....I am one who can do Pinterest fails with dash and verve. There is no almond milk that I can find here, no way would I put raisins in anything but oatmeal cookies but not if I have chocolate chips, and Jeffrey cannot eat nuts. Do they sell applesauce in Accra? Already the recipe is getting tweaked. If you happen to make it precisely, please send me a picture and how you did or did not like it. Thanks.

Do you see any raisins? This is the original picture from Facebook's Gail Wieber's cookies




1 comment:

Elder and Sister Despain in West Africa said...

I have vanilla almond milk. I think I usually find it at Maxx Mart or Palace. They also have plain ol' almond milk...when it is not finished/coming in tomorrow...or the tomorrow after that...or another tomorrow!