Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Went to Relief Society

 Having missed one Relief Society day because of a terrible headache, I made sure I came early and texted ahead so I wouldn't miss the next activity. She wrote me back telling me to bring limes. They were going to talk about personal hygiene. I brought my limes and driving up I saw about four or five women sweeping and cleaning the church building and outside, the Elders playing around with some boys and a few teenage girls. I had found on the communications that one of the sister's daughters had a baby girl. 

I brought some white material and lace to make a baby wrap they use here. I sat down waiting for the sisters to show up for our class, and sewed up the lace on the two ends of the material. A young man was there so I had him help me measure the material and cut it up and measure and cut the lace too. He looked interested and watched me finish. I told him he could do this very easily and sat him down to show him.

Sister Addy came over to show him what I was talking about and stayed to help him finish.
She was like the pied-piper and had all the kids watching.

He was pretty happy when he actually finished his job. Here he is getting the tiny strings off.

Good job!
While I was cutting and measuring, I wasn't careful and ripped my material the wrong way and divided my entire piece of extra white cloth in half! I was a little bummed. Sister Addy said why don't I use a French seam and put it back together. I asked her if she was a tailor (not many know about that seam). She said yes! I think I'll get her to make me an African outfit:)

About an hour and a half goes by and I ask if the Relief Society president was going to come. They said no. The stake asked if they would clean the buildings, so they were having a cleaning night instead of a Relief Society night. Miss Margaret, a counselor told me the limes are used to help keep their underarms fresh. I think they use soda and lime for washing up. I will have to see what else they say about personal hygiene another day.


No comments: