Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Heart Medicine

 Last week on a walk to the Bakery I found an interesting tree and the security guard told me about it. This week on my walk to the Bakery to get some salads (yes a little irony that the best ready made salads are at the Bakery) I decided to get some pictures.



The security guard told me that this tree grows in northern Ghana and is used for heart medicine. He didn't know the name of it and the other guard did not know either. 

He picked up a blush colored fruit and opened it up. Inside is the heart of the fruit with a large seed attached. 
He pulled the seed off of the fruit and said the pulp was the part that was eaten to "clear the heart". People come to pick this fruit for it's medicinal value.

Neither he nor I wished to try out the fruit.

It is actually a very beautiful with lovely colors



No comments: