Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Preparing for Relief Society Celebration

Going for a ride

Kids have all kinds of rides

 For Relief Society on Saturday night, we learned Love At Home in Twi to sing in Sacrament Meeting. Go look on  facebook for one of the verses we learned. I could not figure out how to transfer my video over to this blog from my US phone where I had recorded it. So I have pictures of the after practice of two of the kids. The first is a two year old who runs all over the place looking for fun. I don't know how he got in this bucket, but I slid him around and around and down the hall a few times. The young girl slipped this baby on her back so fast, I knew this wasn't her first time carrying a baby. Her hands are in back but not holding the baby - the baby is fastened on just like the mama's do with a single cloth.

The Relief Society Celebration is a big deal here in Accra. The ladies practiced ahead of time and made preparations for today at church with ribbons, balloons, streamers. It was so fun to be around all the energy as the ladies sang and practiced. They had a meal beforehand with fish in a spicy sauce that they scooped up with ground corn they broke off in chunks. 

After the eating, singing and preparations, we cleaned the church, mopped the floors, dusted, and washed off the counters, blackboards and tables. One lady dusted all the slats on the windows - that was a big job as the dust in the air is quite thick and black when it settles. I had a really enjoyable evening with the ladies. It was nice being with others as Jeffrey has been gone since Thursday morning and will be back on Sunday late afternoon.

If you go on my Facebook page [LA Adams] you can see Sister Grace leading the practice session to learn Love At Home in Twi! After I sang it a few times - I got the three words Love At Home down perfect!

No comments: