Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Getting it All Done

On a Monday a little bit ago, I had lots to do as Dumevi had an order he wanted to fill which meant I needed to get as many trousers cut out as quickly as possible. I had been working all afternoon and had just a few more to finish but my time was running out as I had to prepare for a family coming over for Family Home Evening. In my mind I knew that the set up was simple as I'd prepared ahead of time and that I would need to clean up especially as they have a little live-wire three-year-old. 

Susie happened to be on the phone with me as I was working which was nice because she was working too so we were just chatting as we worked on our projects. I mentioned my need to finish up the trousers quickly as I needed to prepare for the Family Home Evening. A few minutes later she and I hung up as I needed to haul all the fabric, sewing machine, and tools (like scissors) to the bedroom for safety sake. 

I think it was five minutes after 6 pm (which is when our guests were due) that I was sitting down looking at the counter, when I noticed that I had gotten quite a bit of work done in a short amount of time and that I was very calm and ready for them. As I reflected on it a bit, the realization struck that Susie had prayed for me and I had been assisted in my efforts and that was the reason I was calm and ready. I sent a quick text thanking her for her prayers and a longer prayer thanking God.
The entire night was peaceful and calm. I like Susie's prayers.

No comments: