Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Having Fun with a Friend

 Sherri Despain travels around West Africa with her husband picking up Church History stories by interviewing and taking pictures of the people who are left from the earliest members of the church. She has gotten to be friends and loves the people she interacts with. 

Sherri wanted to have her hair braided African Style to honor those she associates with and just because it would be fun. She asked if I wanted to go with her, so off we went to the hair dresser's salon. I met Antoinette and Irene. Irene was really, really quick with the braiding, but there were so many it took almost three hours. Antoinette asked if I wanted anything done and on the spur of the moment I said yes, I'd like to be blond again and have my hair cut. I was actually done before Sherri was. 

About six months into my time here in Accra, I got frustrated with my hair and took the front part and whacked it off. Antoinette was kind enough to even it out. 

We had fun talking, laughing and getting to know one another. There is something really nice about having someone in your hair while chatting.

 

So much fun!

This was a good morning!

Can you imagine braiding each of those tiny long braids?!

No comments: