Pages

Friday, November 26, 2021

Nativity Set for my daughter in law and son

The only thing they want added is an elephant beside the camel (African animals)


Note the Chief with the sword. Click Here for sword and chief story. King with Spokesman staff.

Meaning of the Stool


 History of the African Nativity Set

by Wisdom Anani

The African Nativity scene was designed by my late father, years before I was born.  It was also during this time that he met the first missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and other country representatives in Ghana. As I grew my father taught me how to carve.

The African nativity scene has fourteen pieces, carved from Ofram Wood or Teak. I prepare the wood by drying it very well before I carve.

I have the wise men as the Kings. One King holds the stool as a gift for Baby Jesus. The second King has gold and the third King holds the staff with a star at the top, which designates him as the spokesman for the Kings. In Akom he is called Skyeame.

I also specialize in carving Noah's Ark, and elephant family of five, napkin rings featuring African animals, book ends, chess sets with African features and more.

Thanks, and may God bless you for buying my wood carvings.

Contact numbers: 0244760365 or 0504017637 

No comments: