Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Business Report

 I got a call yesterday from S who calls me every few months with another business proposal. His stories used to be about calmatius things like people in the hospital, or his home burning down, but now he wants money for a car license so he can get a better job, schooling so he can get a better job, and now a business plan for a better livelihood. Every time he wants about 10,000 cedis or so. He doesn't want to listen that I can only give out 200 cedis a month to him. 

So that got me thinking, approximately what do I give out a month?

Two guys on corner - 50 cedis, apple, and biscuit every Sunday

150 cedis of biscuits to children on the street every month

20  cedis for car wash tip

40 cedis a week for grocery help

300 to J for meals to ward members

100 to 500 for transportation to D

300 every two weeks for sewing services to VD

100 for banana bread to B's wife

400 to 500 for cleaning to B

200 for samosas and spring rolls to ST

200 to 500 for wood carving to W

rice, tuma, sardines to lady on the street

rice, chicken, tomato sauce, oil for lunches

100 cedi Drink Thank yous to J

            One Time investment:

Doctor care for AD - 2100 

200 for portrait supplies to R

300 investment for B's wife

Petra's Fund

Juliet's business

Dumevi's business

Dumevi's tour business

Margaret's Pay It Forward computer

Lizzy's sewing

Bernice sewing

Sister Addy's ward sewing

400 Thank you lunches (every 3 months)

My conclusion is I could give S 10,000 cedis, but then I couldn't give anything to anyone else.

I think I'll stick to my original plan. If you are in my circle (and don't ask for the world) I can help you out.


No comments: