Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Wednesday Evening - Good

 


Jeffrey has been asked about three weeks in a row to come and teach "Come Follow Me" for the Young Adults on Wednesday evenings. He is really enjoying the classes and being able to share and teach from the scriptures. He has been talking about Moses and Abraham and some really cool questions have come up. You will note in the picture that there are different ages than just young adults. 

Interesting to me was a comment from one of the older gentlemen about a woman in the hospital with twins. He said he didn't want to visit with "bare hands". I commented that it is hard to listen to teaching about the gospel if you are hungry. I inferred from his comments that he wanted 'provisions'. 

So I am going to tell you my philosophy on giving and charitable contributions. I am sure others have another plan. I take care of my circles. Those who are in my circles are the ones I am concerned and feel compassion for. My family, my friends, my ward members, those I associate and do things with. When someone tells me about someone else - like this woman in the hospital - my feeling is that the gentleman was the one feeling compassion and she is in his circle. I would take care of this gentleman because he is in my circle if I felt like he needed a meal or some kind of care. It is too overwhelming to take care of the whole neighborhood or city.

 But being the "privileged  white people" comes with expectations of great largesse. I turned to Dumevi and asked what he wanted done. It is much easier to find solutions from those who routinely take care of others. He has a knack of getting to the truth of a matter.

No comments: