Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Mama Portrait

 


Look at this! A young man in high school, Richard Akrong painted me this portrait style picture of a mama and baby carrying a load on her head. I have been looking for art work of a mama and her baby since I got here. There are loads of arty long skinny renditions of all kinds of mama's and babies, but I have been looking for a portrait style of life-like people. One day when Richard was visiting he said, "I can do that". I invested in his art business with supplies and he gave me this painting!

I was out with playing Emmy Burton who showed me some note cards that she bought and I immediately thought about how Richard's business could get bigger if he could paint some pictures of African life, take a picture and put them on notecards. We'll have to see how it all works!

No comments: