Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Sustaining a Business


 Instead of focusing on the ups and downs of life this week, I'll just tell you about my week.

I love to watch Juliet make people happy by cooking for them. On Monday's she comes over now and prepares for Tuesday lunches for the senior missionaries at the Area Office. She made a Ghanaian favorite called Red, Red that is a loved bean dish here. Actually we should call ours just Red because she uses the sunflower oil instead of the red palm oil as I don't have any red oil in my cupboards. I think it tastes great so I don't need the other Red. 

Juliet had a discussion with Elder Munk and is now testing out and looking at every aspect of her business so that in June she can be self sustaining as I won't be around to help her out. She is looking into exactly how much it costs her and how much she asks for. She realized she needed to charge just a little more so she wasn't just breaking even but could get ahead a little more. I can give her a boost but it is interesting watching how God influences different people to help and support in different ways. I have never been a business woman, so Elder Munk was very credible and supportive talking with Juliet. I am praying she can fulfill her dreams for her family in the long haul.

No comments: