Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Love that grows

 Senior missions are a really great place deepen and develop a greater love for your spouse. I noticed this wonderful blessing the last time I was on a mission. That is not to say that my love for Jeffrey doesn't grow and bloom while I am at home in my regular setting as I can only tell you that love between us gets better every year. 

It is just that on a mission there is a dependence on your companion in a setting that makes it good and needful to turn together in unity. I love this dynamic of mission life. The first time I was a little apprehensive as I had watched a couple or two in the MTC who didn't look like they liked being together all the time. But that is not a fear ever again. Missions are WONDERFUL for marriages. 

Our latest "tradition" that has developed (besides the half-life of money) is the night versus early morning sleep and wake periods. Jeffrey works very hard all day and comes home eats dinner, answers some emails and drops into sleep - sometimes at 7 pm. My days are not so full and on the go, so I don't need to go to bed before 10 or 11 pm. 

Jeffrey gets some of his best work done very early in the morning like 3 or 4 pm and sometimes runs off to work by 5:30 am.  Once in awhile if he gets up really early, he will go back to bed for an hour or so. Lately, he has been at work before I get up at about 6 or 6:30 am.

I drive the car and he walks to work. Ever since the Luke's left him the clicker, he can slip through the back gate of the temple lot and into the Area office. That makes it about an eight minute walk to work.

Whenever he leaves early, he leaves me a note - a love letter. When I wake up I run over to my computer the first thing to see what he left. My heart is always full. We enjoy talking right after he gets home and he always tells me a 'story'. I love stories. He listens to my stories though I don't have one every day, and we talk about happenings, frustrations, and answers we are looking for. But these love letters are really a boost to my life.




No comments: