Pages

Monday, July 11, 2022

Friday Night - Off to Twin Falls

 New freeway 84

As Jeffrey and I traveled down I-15 and then turned north on I-84, I realized how much progress has been made on the roads since I have been gone. What used to take two hours, now takes one. I am not sure where the Ranch of my brothers is anymore or where the turn-off is to get there. Everything looks so different from my youth.
I remember Tremonton, Snowville, Park Valley, Roseville but on 84 there was only an exit for Park Valley and nothing for Roseville - of course back in the day it was only a few buildings and a sign. Maybe you have to turn off at Snowville or Park City to get to the Ranch now - I'll have to ask my brothers.
The sunset took a long time and I was surprised to find it after nine o'clock with light still in the sky. It felt like six o'clock because we are so used to Accra sunsets at 6 pm and full dark at 7. 
We stopped at the Snowville exit to get gas. I ran into a dinosaur that I think I remember from my teenage years, but maybe not. I tried to orient myself looking up and down the main street but nothing looked familiar. I wondered if there was a store around that sold banana pop cycles. 

Nostalgia of days gone by was on my mind because Allen had told me a lot about how the Ranch is doing and the new houses being built and what he felt needed to be done next. He invited us to go - just as he does every time we see him - and showed us pictures and all the new changes since that last time I saw him. He said Mike and Rebekah had a really good time when they had gone and told us to tell them to come again.

We got to Twin Falls and Rebekah and Mike's house a little after 11 pm and the sun was finally down though they were both awake. Mike went on to work on the games he is building for his class and we went to sleep.

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

You are correct that you take the Snowville exit to get to the Ranch. We were there on Memorial Day and it has changed so much in the few years since we had been last. I love reading about your life.