Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Where is Twin Falls?

 While hiking around the canyon rim, I had asked some ladies if they were native to Twin Falls and they were. So I asked them where the Twin Falls were that the town was named after. I was told that the Twin Falls were not so spectacular anymore due to irrigation and hydro demands on the water. They did say to go to Shoshone Falls as they were still looking good.

So Rebekah and Mike drove us over a few miles and we walked down to Shoshone Falls and admired the canyon. Because of the drought conditions that have prevailed for a few years, even Shoshone Falls was not as awesome as the pictures from years past showed. 

The best part for me was walking and talking with Mike. He refused to walk on when I urged all to go hiking up and down to see different parts of the canyon. My balance is more tricky on rocks, gravel, and downhill paths and I didn't want anyone to miss something. So Mike and I chatted a bit. I noted that Mike would defer a question by asking me another question, but I got the conversation back to what he was doing and how his life has been going in school. We all had a very good time.

Jeffrey and Beka walked down to the Falls lookout point and took pictures, and I took pictures. We never did get a clear indication of exactly where Twin Falls were.



In pictures from previous years, the water would be totally across all the rocks. We could see where the water had worn down the rocks and smoothed a path by rushing water, but this was it for today.






Just around the corner from Shoshone Falls - Is this the Twin Falls?


No comments: