Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Hiking in the Canyon Rim

 Jeffrey and I took off in the early morning - the sun comes up very early so it was light - and went on a hike on the canyon rim or the snake river. It was so beautiful! Desert, cultivated fields, then black lava rock, bright green golf course, yellow grass, and green water.

Jeffrey has hiked in some pretty interesting places in the last six or eight weeks and this makes a new one.

Jeffrey and I walk at different paces, so I sent him on ahead. My destination goal was the bridge. Jeffrey discovered a hidden trail and followed some hikers to a waterfall that he was able to walk behind. Then he went on down to the river to dip his fingers in to say he was there.









This friendly bird kept giving trills and messages just next to me


Such a beautiful place to walk! Great vistas and rewards for walking.

Interesting lock fence. I have seen them in various places and surmise they are all about the same thing.

Bridge into Twin Falls which was my destination

This is the bridge near the end. We can walk right under it on the path

Here I am going underneath the bridge

The whole time we were at Rebekah's home, time seem to be altered. Being used to 7 pm darkness and 7 am light I kept misjudging what time it actually was. We stayed up talking till 1 am because it felt like the sun when down and then we talked for a few hours. But really the sun was down before 11 pm instead of the usual 7 so it was much later. Then the sun was warm and light in the morning and we found ourselves walking and hiking at 6:30 or 7am, sunrise had been long ago.

No comments: