Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Noticing under foot

While talking on the phone  in front of the Adams home, I paced back and forth in the shade. I looked down and saw what I thought were ladybugs, so I was more careful to not step on them and watched what I was doing. My phone got too hot! It just died and showed a thermometer icon and said I could use it when the phone was cool. First time that has ever happened. I didn't realize a day in the 90's would be bad for my phone.

I was intrigued by the "ladybugs" because there were so many of them in the grass and sidewalk under a tree. It was unclear where they were going. Of course I had to go look them up and see what kind of bug they were. Google told me they were European Fire Bugs. I'm still not sure where the 'fire' comes from.




 "While the firebug (Pyrrhocoris apterus) is not native to the Americas, it is occasionally found in the United States and a population of firebugs is established in Utah. Its striking markings and colors will attract your attention. During their mating season, they're often seen in mating aggregations, making them easier to spot. "

Red bug with black spots

No comments: