Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Grand Weekend

 I visited all my grands over a long weekend! Now I am back and watching Amber today. She is currently asleep while I write and then I'll be playing with her again.

Redding Here I Come

On Friday morning I left for Redding (takes about 3 1/2 hours) and about 45 minutes from Redding, I get a couple of texts that I can't read as I'm driving and then as I pull up into the drive at Kelsi's house, she calls me on the phone to tell me that two of the children are not feeling well and perhaps Nate also - so did I want to change my plans? Ah, no, I'm already here. The texts were from her also.

Caleb and Lilly stayed in the one room while their mom brought them in trays of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They came out for a treasure hunt I had put together that was all over the house and grounds and then went back in their room. I could hear them playing all day. Nate stayed in his office and when he came out, made sure to stay away from the baby and I. I am pretty sure I was needed and helpful so that Kelsi could go for appointments and get some extra things done.  Jayson and I did pick up dinner on Friday night that was fun, and I did take the baby for a few hours at night so Nate and Kelsi could get a little extra sleep. So my prayers to be useful were met.

Emma and I spent a lot of time together - I love how she smiles. She copies my expressions sometimes.

Beautiful baby

The hunt was inside and outside, though my pictures are just inside




Successfully found the treasure - even missing three clues!

Sacramento Bound

About 5:30 in the morning, I left Redding and headed out to Sacramento (2 1/2 hour drive) and experienced muzzy rain, rain, snow flattening on the windshield, rain, hail, rain, and dry pavement. It was an interesting drive.
I arrived before Matthew had woken up, so the children just let me in. They feed themselves breakfast just like in Kelsi's home. We went to church where I sat with the children and Matthew paced the hall as he is still recovering from his hip surgery months ago. The second hour Matthew and I talked while the children were in Primary. It was so good to have a really good chat with Matthew. When we went home the day was so nice that we ended up outside in the garden and front yard.

James ducks under all doorways

Saying hello to neighbors

Matthew, with Corina, Oliver and James at church


Watching the day out of the window soon had the kids running around outside!

What is outside the Adams Home?

Matthew in his happy place. Note the green rod in his hand. It has pinchers at the bottom and he can pick up weeds and debris out of his garden area - without bending over. 

He is making plans for spring

All the kids were brandishing sticks though James rode his bike down the driveway and up the steps.


The aerialist, the boy hidden in the house, and the boy on the bike

The next day Corina and Matthew didn't feel well, so they stayed home. It was just Oliver going to school.

The long walk into school. It just so happens one of the boys had a birthday party and Oliver brought home a treat bag. I think he thought the day was worth it.

Meanwhile, Corina and James enjoyed the day at home.








Taking some time to himself, Matthew ended up in his happy place again.


So from Thursday until today, I have gotten to interact and be with all of my grandchildren - and what could be better than that?

No comments: