Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Back in Time

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go back in time with the experience and knowledge that you have now - or spend money yesterday with today's dollar?
Yup! That is what I did.
On Friday, Jerry, Jonah, Ernesto and I went to lunch at Shakey's Pizza. I believe the last time I went was in American Fork just before my mission to Canada - uh - 1980?
Are there Shakey's Pizza Parlors still in the US?
I took a page from Jeffrey's book and said, "Order whatever you want."
So they did. The men had root beer floats, Pizza, chicken and potatoes and these little chicken rolls they dipped in hot sauce. I ordered a salad to go with it and Jonah had a Mango shake - yummy.  The final bill was only a little over $20 - amazing!
Jerry is the driver and can negotiate any Philippine traffic and Ernesto was the guide to get us to Cavite
Even the lampshades are the same as my memories
The pizza was great and the chicken was tender and juicy inside and crispy crunchy on the outside. The flavor was wonderful
Jonah likes her food spicy and added hot sauce and red peppers to her pizza and chicken
It was a really good start to our trip to Cavite! Jonah was the tour guide, Ernesto was the travel guide to get us there and Jerry drove through manic traffic like a shark gliding through the water. I was along for the ride!!!
I really think there is something to be said about being treated like royalty.

No comments: