Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Buggy Ride

Traveling back to Manila, Jerry and Jonah were chattering away as I looked out the windows occasionally taking pictures of things that caught my eye. Then Jonah turns back to me and translates the ideas they had been talking about. She wanted to know if I wanted to go to Rizal Park and take an old fashioned buggy ride around the Park and see some of the historic buildings and places. I thought it was a great idea!
This building caught my eye - Is it Chinese? The dragons seem to say so


A little further on we saw an amusement park

Going for a buggy ride - Jerry actually sat by the driver though he is taking the picture

It was very interesting to travel the old fashioned way amongst the modern day vehicles 

This is a very old cathedral which is still in use today
This is the hat seller outside of Fort Santiago

This building was used by the Spanish and is very old

Manila uses this building for city offices

Jonah introduced me to a new fruit

I forgot what it was called but it was very interesting

I found out that you use the seeds not the meat of the fruit

This is the warrior who fought Magellan - Did you even know Magellan fought battles? I had only heard he was an explorer, but evidently he wanted something more in the Philippines

Look at the small native house in the foreground admits the modern buildings

A whole square was made up of Natural History and Anthropology and a pond had a molded map of the Philippines with a walk-way over it and then there were the statues of lots of heroes with plenty of picnic and crowd space to use

This is a heroes monument
I love the way this guy is using his bit of space in the park

On the way home we stopped at Jolibee's to pick up a bucket of chicken for Jerry's family and small meals for Jonah and I. I took Jonah's recommendation and ordered the spicy chicken and rice. The rice comes in a  little neat ball wrapped in paper and the chicken was crispy on the outside and very tender and juicy on the inside. Jolibee's is the largest fast food restaurant in the Philippines and makes me think of a cross between KFC and McDonalds. People's comments about it remind me of comments about those two restaurants in the States.
All in all, I had a really fabulous day.


No comments: