Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Piaya - Street food

I tried a taste that brought back memories from 10 years ago. Rebekah brought home some different foods from her mission to Bacolod. One of them was a package of Piaya. I'm pretty sure it was the pancake sandwich with figs in the middle as that is the bite that triggered my memory. The trouble is we ate them cold when Rebekah took them out of her suitcase. Just like a melted cheese sandwich loses it's peak flavor when eaten cold, so do these delicacies if served unheated. Pipping hot off the grill and put into a little sack, it is delicious to eat in the sunshine walking down the street. Jonah and I had two kinds, one made with figs in the middle and one made with the sweet purple yam - ube. I had to turn back and buy two packages of the piaya's to bring home - they reminded me of Becka.
Trying out some street food - Piaya - delicious when hot off the grill

A food from Bacolod

No comments: