Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Visiting Teaching is where the Magic is at

On Friday evening I went visiting teaching with Sisters Nido and Villanueva to a few sister's homes. Sister Nido had been visiting in Europe the past month so we had two days to visit everyone. The September message is really awesome "Of One Heart" and in sharing the message I gained a huge insight and will look at the scripture in Moses differently from now on.

And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them” (Moses 7:18). How can we become one?"  This is how the lesson starts out.

Sister Henry asked the question, "What does poor mean?"  The quick reply was that no one would starve or go hungry. Bus she persisted and asked about poor in spirit and poor in heart. Whammo, my mind started to realize that are a lot more poor(s) than financial. I pondered that in my mind the rest of the visit and Saturday morning too. Talking with the women I realized that if we are all relying on the spirit then the hidden not-easily-seen needs can be taken care of as well as those that we can visually see.  If we truly lived with and by the Spirit of God would we be able to address mental illness and the huge big concerns?  Now I have lots of questions to a scripture I thought I knew.
The Before picture
Sister Henry in the middle was kind enough to let us help her when we came over. She has had cataract surgery and could not get her eyes wet - which made it difficult for her to wash her hair.
Sister Villanueva washing Sister Henry's hair as she leans back on a chair in the bathroom and I help support her head.



1 comment:

Ludlows said...

What wise and thought provoking words filled with such truth and promise.