Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Interesting sights

Riding a van through the Philippines is a taste of everything. I asked Sister Stewart to get some of the things I could see from the back seat. She responded beautifully and got some nice shots - and some interesting one too.
Laundry always catches my attention. How much time it takes, having whites, scrubbing and then hoping no one is burning trash when you take the time to hang it out.

This is never an everyday sight as I live in the middle of metropolis, so these fields and mountains are wonderful

The green field are usually flooded so there are raised "lanes" for people to walk on

Going to and from our destination we watched the children go to school and then come back from school
When Sister Stewart got tired her hand snapped a pic of her knees (I have two or three of these)
Always hopeful of making a sale (notice how the man in purple squats - I have seen people do this for a half hour)

All of the children I have seen wear a uniform to school. The styles seem to be from the 50's. Some are more progressive but not most (If is ain't broke, don't fix it)
Satellite dishes, various goods and no window screens

I love this land



No comments: