Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Interesting Situation

Who is Important? I think it depends on the situation and circumstances.
On Thursday morning I arrived dressed in my baronga early so I could take pictures of Roma's day - I have a few hundred now- but luckily for you I will only post a few of the pictures.
The Magno family had mostly arrived by Tuesday and were at the temple early on Thursday. It was a good thing because the traffic, even very early in the morning, was horrible. Roma was later than she wanted to be and others trickled in as they were able. I watched as everyone got ready and skirts, shirts, belts and ties were brought out of sacks and given to the participants.
A temple worker came and talked to the different family members and gave out blue tickets for the sealing room. I was given two and worried about where Jeffrey was, though I suspected he would be waiting in the temple. The lady from the temple came out a few minutes later and took back most of the tickets. We were to follow her into the temple. I asked Jonah why she didn't have a ticket and she said she would take care of her niece and would be able to go to another wedding when her other brother got married. I felt something wasn't right as family should be in the wedding ceremony. I told her I would stay out and she said I was witness couple and needed to be there. Imagine my surprise when I got to the sealing room and found it full of missionaries. US missionaries. I told Jeffrey and some of the other missionaries what was going on. Sister Stewart listened and got up to go talk to the temple worker. Jonah's mother soon followed. When they came back we all scooted over and took half a chair and fit more of the Magno family. Another chair was brought in and we fit in a few more. Jonah was able to witness her brother's wedding.  I don't know if it was Sister Stewart, Sister Magno or who did what but it was a much better situation. I just hope all of Roma's family who could come into the temple were there.
Sister Hoem's, The Whiteheads, The Adams, Roma and Arron Magno, The Tuckers and The Stewarts.
Jonah and her niece Mia

Newly married!  Coming out of the temple