Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

It's the Grandkids!!

A little before 5 am I jumped out of bed to get ready and go pick up the grandkids from the Temple Annex. I made the Royale frosting and put together the first house. It was the lightest shade of gingerbread and I was worried about how soft it was. Well my instincts were right. The gingerbread was so soft the weight of the frosting broke the roof down. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to get hard either. Since I was in a hurry I told myself I would have the kids put their houses together and then go play for a bit and come back to decorate them. Yup......
The joy in seeing and being with these children is immeasurable. They bring such love to my heart.
On the temple grounds with the Solera family and also Ernesto's sister and daughter
Ernesto came with his sister Joycelyn and her daughter Asenath. In my mind I was thinking what I could put in another stocking as I didn't have one for Asenath. Joycelyn went on a mission to Boise, Idaho and knew English very well and so does her daughter. It was nice because I wasn't sure how well I was going to communicate and now she could translate.
I took them on a quick tour of the dental clinic (Sister Stewart gave the a present which Andrei is holding)

I told them I expected all of them to be missionaries when they grew up, so here is a before picture
While waiting for them all to arrive, I noted that many of the patrons held tickets for the 7 am session and in my mind I thought the parents would have to wait for the next session and so in my mind the time table was a little longer.........you know what they say about assumptions...........

No comments: