Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Ate Lorraine and excellent adventures

Ate [pronounced Ah-tay] means older sister, or a sign of intimate respect - at least that's what I'm getting from what I hear. Quite a few ladies in our ward call each other Ate instead of Sister. So of course I had to pick it up and use it with the ladies I know.
Ate Lorraine and I have spent some days together on service project, visits to Primary children, out to lunch, and sewing projects. The adventure comes in driving to places!  We are all in one piece without any major vehicle damage and no accidents reported from other drivers. Lots of prayers answered though. I love this lady, friend, and sister and will miss her desperately as I will Jonah, the grandkids, Ernesto, Sister Nido and my ward members that I may never see again.
Visiting with Yushin. He is engineer minded, loves math and has a clear course for his future. He will be eight next week.

We visited Nephiah and Kobe, I don't know the baby's name, but the mom is Sister Pollen and her husband is the counsellor in the bishopric. Nephiah is the one who isn't afraid to say hello to the new people - young or old and is the first child I met in the ward.

Finished!!
My sister Sharon gave me some roll-up crayon and pencil holders and when I gave them away, she made me some more. Several people are fascinated with the convenience and organisation of crayons and pencils. Ate Lorraine wanted to make one as a gift so she came over and I brought out some pillow case left over fabric and she sewed one up!
This is the cry of success when she snipped off the last thread!

Ate Lorraine loves showing me the wonderful flavours found in the Philippines. This restaurant is famous for Tapa - I'm pretty sure that is what we had along with sinagang soup.


No comments: