Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

She's going to fit right in!

Monday was Sister Grimshaw's first day on the job. Her husband will be taking Jeffrey's place as the AALC (Assistant Area Legal Counsel).  I took her to a service project in the ward.
Sister Grimshaw walking with all of us from the church house to the project site

We were working on housing for the lame, blind, and disabled. She distinguished herself doing a really good job. I kept getting asked if she was going to come to the ward. I hope she heard and felt a motivation to come as she would be a great asset to the ward.
Sand and dirt dust with small rocks have to be continually swept out of the way and away from the drainage system


Whatever job needed doing, Sister Sandra Grimshaw was there in this case filling sandbags. The sand was later sorted to pull the rocks out and mix with water and something to be used to mortar the bricks to the wall.

I am not sure if this young man is a member of the church or not. He hangs around the missionaries and I've sat beside him at church, but I've never seen parents or siblings come with him.  He was very kind and bought Sister Grimshaw and I a common breakfast food "Taho". Actually Jonah identified it for me. It is a yogurt with syrup and little jello balls. Way too sweet for me and for Sister Grimshaw. This boy told me in Bagiuo they serve it with strawberries.

Sister Grimshaw even carries bricks
Conveyor line for bricks going up to the second floor. Sister Grimshaw at the front of the line.
Sister Grimshaw is going to be working in the Humanitarian and Welfare departments at the Area office, so this project is right up her new alley.

No comments: