Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Twists and Turns

It was just one of those days......

At least a month ago I planned to go to Jhon Kyle's graduation from sixth grade. I knew the chances of seeing the grandkids before I leave for California were pretty slim unless I visited them.  The first disappointment was the fact that Jonah couldn't come.  That was swallowed up by the concern that she feel better and can get a handle on her well being.

I asked Sister Eugene (on Ate Lorraine's advise) to accompany me and she was quick to say yes.  This morning Boycee let me know he was in bad way and could not drive today.  I really hope he starts feeling better because I have watched my sister eat shellfish and struggle to swallow and be normal. Boycee had shrimp last night and is having problems today. My hope is he gets better quickly without side effects.

Sister Eugene and I took a taxi with all the bags and gifts for the kids over to the Area Office in the hopes we could get Jerry to drive. We found out he is picking up the Stinchfield's from the airport and wouldn't be back in time. So we ran around the Area office finishing errands and printing off pictures for Activity Day tomorrow.

When I found Ernesto and explained the problem with a driver, in my mind I realised that I wouldn't see the grands and teared up for a second or two. He understood and loaded up my backpack with the gifts for the children and material for Christy and left.

Sister Eugene and I came back and worked on putting the Good Samaritan pictures in laminating pages for Activity Day. I posted Sister Nido that I could go visiting teaching as I didn't go to Cavite. But after Sister Eugene and I got back from lunch I felt yucky. Probably a combination of stress and not enough sleep because we picked up the Johnsons from the airport last night and went to bed around 1 am. So I'm the one who flaked out on her.

Getting to know Sister Eugene better was really nice. She is an interesting lady who came here to find her sister. Eventually she did and later helped her out. When her sister had a little girl and asked what name she should call her, Sister Eugene told her Liahona because this baby girl was going to lead her back to the church. That is exactly what happened. Because of the little girl the family went back to the LDS church.

Sister Eugene and I running around the Area Offices - here we are at the Dental Clinic to meet Ernesto

Cutting out the Good Samaritan Story about 22 times

Nice day with Sister Eugene

No comments: