Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Filling up bags......time

Circumstances changed, so I wasn't able to do the sewing project with my friend that I had planned for today. It's funny how quick I can figure out another sewing project....and tell myself of it's importance.
I decided to make bean bags for a Activity Day game - using rice

I sewed up these little bags and top stitched the hole closed

Filling bags up with rice is tricky. It would have been nice to have a regular funnel.

Ta-da! Bean bags to use in a relay race and co-ordination activity

In a country where beans are not a major food source, filling bean bags is just a smidgen different.
I do wonder if this project is just filling time because the kids may just say, "O nice Sister Adams, what's next?"

This last month of my mission assignment brings up some interesting issues of the use of time. Sometimes I'm just filling time and sometimes the efforts I make feel like they are valuable to someone. It is hard to know just what is of value and what is not. I'm just making things up as I go along. I have activities in Primary and some days that are set aside for service, but the rest is just what I figure out needs doing............

I've been sorting and putting all my notions, fabric, craft paper, pencils, scissors and various projects into stacks, piles and into large recycling bags to give away to the different organisations and people I serve and know. It is amazing how much "stuff" I accumulated in a short few months.  And just like many old people,  I hope my "stuff" will be of value to someone else......and my time is used wisely too.

No comments: