Pages

Friday, July 23, 2021

Banana Bread

 I sent some banana bread with the dinners last week. Brother Dumevi asked me to make banana bread for a Wednesday night meeting with the ward. I think they are going to be meeting every Wednesday for the youth and the ward members. I'm not sure how it all works out, but I think it is easier to get people to come if most of the family is involved. 

He brought me over a BIG sacksful of bananas, so I picked up the Greek yogurt and brown sugar, then made six batches of banana bread. I ran out of eggs and Greek yogurt so I sent the extra bananas back with Brother Dumevi.

It must be a good recipe has I have had lots of comments on it. Here it is if you want to try. Sally'sbakingaddiction at https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/#tasty-recipes-66473-jump-target

I am so sorry for those in the States (except Hawaii) because the flavor of the bananas are just not good enough like they are here in Africa. The bananas are much smaller but packed with much more flavor.

I gave some banana bread to the workers in our apartment complex and they indicated they like that way of saying thanks.  So ironic to be making desserts all the time!!

No comments: