Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

In Person is Better than a Phone Call

I asked the Lord to help me with my calling helping missionaries transition from the mission to a new phase of life outside of the mission experience. Many missionaries have all kinds of difficulty because getting a job, education, and sometimes even a place to live is very difficult.

When I texted the missionaries, one Elder wrote back and said yes, he would like a little help. We had a little difficulty when we were speaking due to people knocking on the door and others interrupting, and then his charge on the phone was too low; so I asked if I could talk with him on Thursday. He said sure and the next day I texted him my schedule. He wrote me in an email as his phone gave out. I don't know where he got another but when I talked to him, I found he was in Accra not very far from us for the day. I asked if they wanted to come to supper. They came and we had a really good meeting.

He has two choices: Go home to his sister's house (his parents died 4 years ago) where he will have no interaction with the church, or two: go to a town where he know no one and has no friends but they do have regular church meetings. I do not know which he will choose, but I'm looking up what kind of options can be available. He has been accepted to the Pathways program.

I couldn't help feel that this was a really cool answer to prayer - to actually sit down and talk face to face with the missionary instead of over a phone or something else.

One Elder from the DR Congo, one Elder from Sierra Leone, with 2 missionaries from California

 

No comments: