Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

"There are no coincidences."

 For a little while, I have been struggling with not having a purpose for being on this mission. Yes, I am busy and find ways to stay busy, but I broke down and asked God to help me find a meaningful purpose for the rest of my mission.  


Juliet and Brother Dumevi came today dropping off ingredients for Juliet to make dinners. Brother Dumevi brought eggs, flour, potatoes and biscuits for beggars that I had asked for. 

He enjoyed my homemade rolls (making me feel good) and told me about the ward's Wednesday activity where they had a discussion and then watched the clips from the church webpage on Pioneers around the world. We were dropping someone off at the airport, so I wanted to know how it turned out.

He then turned to me and said, "I have something to tell you." "There are no coincidences." "When we do something it is because God has arranged it." I chimed in and said, "But we can muck up the plan and He will have to do another plan." He agreed and went on to make his point.

Brother Dumevi told me that he brought dinners to different families. he said it makes a difference in their life. The last time a lady cried because she had no idea what her family was going to eat that day and suddenly there was a meal on her doorstep. He had been guided (no coincidence) to the one person in the ward who needed it that day.

Though I gave credit to Juliet's amazing cooking skills, inside my heart was warmed and filled because of all the days to say something, Dumevi chose today to thank me for the meals going to families. 

I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who answers my prayers and feelings and that I am making a difference to someone. It's like one of the starfish that has been thrown back into the ocean saying thank you as he goes back into the water.

Juliet making groundnut soup today!


No comments: