Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Anticipate or Worry - A difference?

 On Wednesday I went to work at the Area Office to write letters to the grands and do office work. I seldom take pictures there as it is just an office and the work is confidential and who wants to hear about secretarial work anyway?

But my facilitator work is complex and fascinating. The complex is frustrating roadblocks and the fascinating is when I can jump over and around the roadblocks and just get the job done. Having the PowerPoint and Zoom work at 9 am for Sister Scripture Study made me so very happy I did a little jig in my mind! Score, though of course I never say anything out loud. It wasn't my work or efforts. I merely ask the right people to be there at the right time. 

Getting everything ready IN ADVANCE for the latest Zone/Area conference is making me happy. Actually having all the moving parts working on the day in question will make me happy again. Remembering to give notice to all about upcoming events in a timely fashion makes me happy, "herding all my cats" together in a smooth fashion to get events planned and executed makes me really happy. 

This is where my anxiety works to my advantage as I try to anticipate any and all problems beforehand and do something to make it all work out. I really can't stand being on someone else's time table when I am scheduling and planning. I love things worked out a month or at least a week ahead of time. When I am asked to wait and then change the time, day, or hour three times puts me in a really bad mood.

I have been told quite a few times not to "worry". That 'worry' is how I stay on top of things, anticipate, and pull off something I  am proud of. It doesn't feel like worry, it feels like efficiency. It just looks like "worry". 

Wednesday was a good day.

It was Thursday that was.......interesting.


No comments: