Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Tuesday's Livelihood Day with a Surprise

 Juliet came early and started her lunches for the Senior missionaries. Since it was a holiday in Ghana, many of the seniors didn't make it to the office but she made them up for Wednesday and had me bring them from the fridge on Wednesday morning. No surprises at the first of the day.

Sporting a new apron!

The cute surprise came when Jennifer and Princella arrived with her little girl! I am still not exactly sure what her name is as they seemed to call her Lucy. When I asked Princella said she had two names. I don't know what either of them are.

Jennifer concentrated on learning the cutting out process with a little sewing



Princella concentrated on the sewing part this day, though she did both

Dumevi and Princella's little two year old

The longer the day was, the more I realize how long it has been since I've had a child in my home. After being shy for 1/2 an hour, the rest of the day was looking up to find her into something else I hadn't thought about. 

I am so happy that last week I lost the use of my oven until I realized it had a child lock. It felt very serendipitous to be able to make sure she wouldn't get burnt while I was helping out her mom and aunt. But all the things a two year old can get into!!!!! I looked up from a sewing machine glitch and she was cancelling pictures off of my picture frame.....how did she even get into individual picture information? I remember Matthew as a 14 year-old saying, "just right click it mom." This little one could right click on anything and get somewhere. I had her safely watching Winnie-the-Pooh on my iPad and the next thing I hear is some dark music. How did she get onto the internet TV so quickly - and how? The TV which we have never turned on, was not a problem for this little one.  Of course she wanted to do whatever her mom and aunt did and we had to guard pins, scissors, and seam rippers zealously. I've gotten to understand her mischievous laugh and pay attention quickly and her happy sounds.

The paper and crayons, little truck and elephant only went so far. I need some serious grandmother toys.

Meanwhile the ladies made great strides in figuring out how the machine works, threads, and how all the cutting should happen. There were a few oops, but mostly the two ladies figured it out. 

Cool kid

Working through


Found a trouser to turn

Whatever mama does...

Mama and baby

End of the day - up on the top shelf!

Ultimately it was a long, educational, good day. I had made some rice but they didn't eat while they were here. I don't think they want Oburoni food (white people) I sent some chicken that was Ghanaian style from the store and the white rice so that supper wouldn't be a long time away for them. Since it was dark, I made sure they got a ride home with the baby. It felt odd having her in the car without a car seat. It is not mandatory or even thought about much as they don't ride in cars often.

Good day.

No comments: