Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

All the bags are packed

 Jeffrey and I make a really good couple. Take for instance our respective anxiety that the other caters to. Jeffrey was awake at 2 in the morning and I agreed to go get the Covid test for our flight. I have a running list in my mind of what needs to get done - early - so anxiety doesn't come with last minute changes. Jeffrey packed some of his bags on Saturday and some on Monday, so here we are three hours ahead of time all ready to go. 

What a marathon these last two weeks have been. Time every day has been filled with completion of projects and ideas or lots of goodbyes. I'm emotionally done with goodbyes. The bitterness of saying goodbye makes me wonder if each day someone in heaven is so sad to see someone leave and come to earth. Here we are so excited for them to make their entrance.

I cried when Dumevi left today. The material, trousers, scraps, notions, and sewing machine went out the door with Jeffrey and Dumevi and my heart clenched and I started to cry because I feel like I'm leaving family behind.


I am glad we scheduled it so no one is coming over to say any more goodbyes. That was the parade yesterday. 

So Jeffrey is listening to some news stations on the computer he will turn in, in just a couple of hours and I'm contemplating life. Jeffrey has us all ready to get on the plane with the Covid tests uploaded and the health forms filled out and I'm happy that we've weighed all the bags and resorted them out and I can mentally check off all my lists. Happy, happy. Looking forward to seeing the children and grandchildren along with my friends and new friends in a new ward (and new Stake). Life is Good.

No comments: