Pages

Friday, May 27, 2022

Last dinner preparations for the ward

 It has been almost a week since we got back from fabulous Kenya trip. I keep wondering where time is going. There was so much catch up and full days that I haven't had a moment to stop and contemplate.

 Juliet is over this morning, making the last dinners for my ward members, and so I am stopping to catch up a little on this blog. This is the last time she will make dinners for my ward members. An era of dinner making is coming to an end. Juliet told me the temple opened and she is going back to her old job (pre-Covid). The Lord's timing is always just right!

Juliet and Richard, her son are cooking today

I am going to miss Juliet coming to my home

Richard Akrong, Juliet's son (she has a husband Richard too!) is an artist and wanted to earn money for a phone. When I asked how he wanted to do that, he said he would make pictures to put on note cards to sell to the missionaries that went on the Safari. I got him some charcoal pencils and sturdy paper for cards and he will make a set of notecards for me and hopefully some of the other missionaries. He is learning to cook from his mom and they are both making jollof rice this morning for Jeffrey and I. YUMMY!

No comments: