Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Apartment living

 We live on the 2nd floor but numbering starts at the parking garage with 0, then up to the ground floor, then the first floor, and the next is the 2nd floor - my apartment is 302. I am living in luxury though I don't always know how to use it. I am trying to get used to the fact that someone will pick up my garbage bag and bring it down to the dumpster if I set it out in the morning - every morning! How cool is that? No need for a teenage son, someone - probably the lady who mops the corridor floors - picks it up and hauls it down to the bin.

I haven't figured out the washer/dryer machine either. So I decided to forget the dryer part and just enjoy the washing part. It is working out just fine!

I use a drying rack in my long bathroom and hang up the dresses, shirts, pants, and socks in the closets. 

This does mean there is a little more ironing to do because wrinkles don't fall out in the dryer. It is only the two of us, so there isn't much.

That being said, I was surprised the first day I stayed home instead of going to the office to have someone knock briefly and then try to open the door. My key was in the lock so they couldn't just open the door. Turns out it was the maintenance man to take care of the air-conditioning. He came with an apartment security man who had the keys to all the apartments. 

Air-conditioning outside of my balcony being fixed along with filters in all three of the  air intakes 
 inside of my apartment.

My laundry was all over the chairs, tables and couches and my first thought was, "I'm glad it is so white." The second thought was, "Sure glad I made up my bed so nicely." Shallow, and why should he even notice, but that's me.

The truth is I hate the fact that someone can roam around my apartment when I am not here without my knowing someone was here. It has given me a new perspective on how I want my apartment to look whether I am here or not and second not to leave money or valuables just laying around when we are gone. 

No comments: