Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

"I Am So Much Grateful for The Lord Jesus Christ"

 Coming up to the Chapel are two washstands with water, soap, and paper towels. Then it is a short trip up the stairs to the chapel. The windows go almost to the ceiling from about waist high and the glass is shutter strips that are open to let the breeze in (and the sound of growling traffic and police sirens). Many ceiling fans churn the humid air from far above our heads. We sat on a back row near the doors so my hearing was limited even with my aides in. There was one man who spoke low and slow enough that I could hear him. He said, "I am so much grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ...I am so much grateful for Jesus Christ's healing atonement....I am so much grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ...." He had a list of his gratefulness to the Lord. His message sank into my heart and made me remember my gratefulness to the Lord Jesus Christ and how that has impacted and made my life so rich and full.

This is actually a compound with the temple of the Lord in the center. The patron house can be seen in the background and is next to the Area Office which faces the temple lawn. The Chapel is on the left side facing the temple lawn. The MTC is behind the Chapel. All is enclosed in a fence with security guards opening and shutting the gates.

I thought today how I could be ready to understand and know the Lord if I cleanse myself first and then ascend to good deeds, thoughts, and actions and then feel 'so much grateful' for the Lord Jesus Christ and the myriad of things He does for me daily.

Life is good. I am happy to be here with Jeffrey.

No comments: