Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Walkabout

 The Security Guards are getting used to the fact that I come out and walk around the temple complex.

Here is why:

Before getting out into the sun

After a little walkabout:

Much nicer

The question that will come to a few people's mind is why am I blogging about such mundane things?  Simple, I don't have a job yet. Brent Belnap game me a few assignments which were done quickly. The Area Presidency hasn't issued a call yet. One is in Costa Rica, one is on assignment, and the other is here but obviously not issuing work assignments. I understand that they are pretty new working together. I haven't let Jeffrey or Brother Belnap urge the Presidency to act in my behalf because there are no people related jobs available yet. No MTC, Pathways, or people getting together. Most work (that is being done) is accomplished remotely. I am really hoping for a people oriented type of job. I don't mind secretarial, filing, copy & paste, or humdrum type of work as long as it is interspersed with people. So I don't mind waiting.....really, I want to wait for a people oriented assignment....okay I am looking around for things to do. I'm one of those missionaries who are to go out and "do good things."

So, I do walkabouts after a few hours in the office when I get cold.  I say hello and talk with people if they look at all like stopping to chat. 

Today I took note of all the flowers and beauty that is so well maintained on the grounds.

There are beds of this pretty pink flowers. At a distance they are cheerful and happy.

But the stems have a touch me not defense. You have to watch for those sweet, pretty things. Sometimes there is a bite.

I noted that fall is here - probably year round.

More sweet pretty things, it makes me wonder how they taste or smell.

I love the big beautiful flowers also

These trees remind me of the Hawaiian leis but they do not smell like them. I did note that these same trees live by the Philippine Area office and they rain on the sidewalk too.

I learned that Margaret (spelling unknown) is in our North Ridge ward and works in the Auxiliary building. Janis is a greeter for the Area Office and lets people in or redirects them. Sharon said she might have a job for me to do as I already learned the software, but it won't be until Monday.  Good thing I brought a few projects.



No comments: