Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Perfect Day for a Drive

 We were issued a temporary car until the car we are  supposed to drive gets a new battery. It is election day and so it is a holiday. 

Jeffrey and I jumped into the new car and went for a short drive. We went to a British grocery store just down the street. It was a much shorter distance than on Saturday because there was hardly any traffic at all. This was a perfect day for a beginning driver to Africa to drive the car! 

Then we loaded up with laundry detergent, soap, vegetables and fruits and the basics for cooking. On the way I noticed those bats again. They really are big. I will have to take my zoom lens out so I can get a decent picture.

Taken with my phone camera and enlarged to see the top of the tree. Hanging bats waiting for the night.

Here is what I found: "Frugivorous bats and the Gambian epauletted fruit bat are the most common bats you will find both in the urban and rural areas in Ghana."

So now you know as much as I do.


[https://afiaghana.com/10-animals-you-will-see-roaming-freely-in-ghana/]


No comments: