Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Decorate the Tree!

 With the extra gingerbread dough from the stables, I rolled out gingerbread men for the girls to decorate. I made sure there was a hole to thread through so they could be hung on the tree. Julia is so talented in creating, decorating, and researching an idea. She and Makynlee did a great job with all the gingerbread men! Isla had a nap but woke up in time to help put them all on the tree after the icing was dry.




Makynlee decorated some and Julia decorated some


I did wonder if they would run away. Only one man lost his feet. Mostly they just decorated the tree.

Is it the fact that they are girls? Only one gingerbread man lost his feet and mostly the rest stayed on the tree. After a week or more, Michael dunked one in milk and enjoyed that. I don't know if the girls ever ate any or not. For me that was amazing. Whenever I have had gingerbread or candy canes on the tree in years past, they disappear or lose bits and pieces, but these girls left them as decorations.

No comments: