Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Smells like Christmas

 The young women asked if I would make cookies for an activity, and I asked them how they felt about decorating gingerbread. After considering houses versus stables, they chose stables.

Laura is such a good friend that even though she was doing the dinner for the ward party, she still helped me out with the gingerbread stables, even making the icing. I went shopping with her and made sure to be the Sherpa as I can never pay her back for all the help she gives me. We (Laura, as I mainly watched) made enough stables for fourteen girls and some for the grands too, as I had already planned to go to Redding. We also melted the chocolate for the molds - next year, I think I’ll make shapes with cookie cutter molds.

At Laura’s house 








Dana, man with plenty of experience in prepping for gingerbread house parties 


No comments: